Fred Nudd, and a partner, started in business after
WWII. They worked out of a garage in Webster, NY. In 1945 they
parted ways for Fred wanted to build towers and his partner
felt that the market was saturated. Fred moved his business into the
barn on his property on Lanson Rd, Ontario, NY. When the barn
was destroyed by fire in April 1954, he moved to the present
location, 1743 State Route 104, Ontario, NY.
In the beginning, Fred would sell a tower and then
buy the steel, fabricate the tower and erect it. The engineering
department began in 1971. The Fred A. Nudd Corporation was formed on
January 31, 1973. Additions to the manufacturing plant were added in
1972, 1992 and 1997. The office building was built in 1993.
Over the years, the primary product has been towers. Other fabricated steel items include: